[General boards] [Winter 2023 courses] [Fall 2022 courses] [Summer 2022 courses] [Older or newer terms]

Work Study Opportunity - MITO2i AI Program Coordinator

MITO2i Work/Study Student AI Program Coordinator

The AI Program Coordinator will work together with the Academic Lead and the Director, Strategy & Partnerships at MITO2i to identify researchers and projects at UofT which will lead to interdisciplinary collaboration in AI and mitochondrial related data. Activities also include coordination of workshop and disseminating information to relevant groups.

Responsibilities include:

• Broad knowledge of the field of AI Awareness of University AI programs, courses, Departments and Faculties
  • Able to identify researchers and projects at UofT that can participate in upcoming mitochondrial and AI call for proposals, research workshop/symposium and potential funding opportunities
  • Liaise with University AI Centres, Departments and Facilities as well as affiliated hospital AI/ML Centres (i.e. Sick Kids, UHN, Sunnybrook, St. Mikes etc.)
  • Coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials, action and follow-up items
  • Preparing briefing packages for participants Working together with the Associate Director, Strategy and Partnerships and Research Communication Assistant on workshop design, messaging and content Demonstrating enthusiasm and initiative to get things done.

Students can apply for the position via their CLN-X accounts.

Who We Are

The Mitochondrial Innovation Initiative is a Strategic Initiative of the University of Toronto. We bring together a network of researchers, clinicians, patients and advocates, academic institutions, NGOs and industry partners working together with a common mission - to transform our understanding of the role of mitochondria in human health and disease. Please visit www.mito2i.ca to see the full list of activities and to meet our team.

What We Value

MITO2i promotes inclusivity and equity for all, regardless of sex, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, culture, religious affiliation, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. We endeavour to create an environment of inclusivity, diversity, and equality through initiatives including consideration of presenters, mentorship opportunities, representation on projects, a delegation of duties, and education to the public. MITO2i is committed to creating opportunities for underrepresented researchers and trainees, particularly women, and will continue to build recruitment and mentoring strategies to foster increased diversity among researchers, policymakers, patients, and trainees. To this end, our members follow a code of conduct that includes a reminder of the inclusive, collaborative, respectful, and non-discriminatory environment.

[General boards] [Winter 2023 courses] [Fall 2022 courses] [Summer 2022 courses] [Older or newer terms]