[This opportunity is not affiliated with the Department, Faculty of Arts & Science, or University of Toronto. Registration fees may apply. We share this opportunity at the request of the organizers in case it is of interest to our student body. Participation is as the sole discretion of the individual.]
Festival Volunteer - Toronto Kids Digital Festival
Toronto Kids Digital Festival (kidsdigitalfestival.com) is looking for FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS!
Toronto Kids Digital Festival (TKDF) is a new festival running from March 12 to March 14 and features digital art works geared towards child audiences. By becoming a volunteer at TKDF, you will be part of a cutting-edge exhibition showcasing contemporary, interactive, and fun technology for kids, including Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Robotics, Holograms, Video Games, plus more!
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in emerging technology or digital art and design. You will have the opportunity to meet the artists, learn about the projects, and represent TKDF to our audience in a fun and collaborative environment.
All volunteers must be 19 years of age or older.
All volunteers will receive free admission to the three-day festival, a TKDF t-shirt, and will be provided with water and refreshment while working. We will also be hosting a Volunteer Appreciation Lunch after the festival is over.
Short interviews will take place on March 2 afternoon. A one-hour training and orientation will take place on March 11.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email jenny dot jjhlee at gmail dot com with “ATTN: TORONTO KIDS DIGITAL FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER” in the subject line.
Please include the following in your application:
- A brief statement why you would to be part of Toronto Kids Digital Festival, your experience working at festivals, similar events, or relevant professional experience
- ALL hours you are available during the days of March 11-14, 2019 (please see “Commitment” below in role description)
The deadline to submit applications is February 24, 2019, 11:59 PM (EST).
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
Reporting to the Event Coordinator, you will:
- Provide customer service to visitors
- Provide information to visitors
- Assist with seating and facilitating workshop
- Assist with tech based install and de-install of projects and art works
- Paint plinths, move and set up equipments
- Enforce safety policies around installations and exhibitions
- Assist Event Coordinator with miscellaneous tasks
- Professional, patient, friendly, and approachable
- Experience working with children is an asset
- Ability to be assertive when appropriate
- Ability to work well in a busy environment
- Comfortable being on your feet for extended periods of time
- Able to work both independently and follow instructions as part of the team
- Interest in emerging technology and art!
Shifts will be available from Monday, March 11 to Thursday, March 14 at Open Space Gallery, 49 McCaul St. Toronto, ON. There are two volunteer shifts per day. The two shifts run 9:30am to 2:30pm / 2:30pm to 7:30pm. We ask all volunteers to complete a minimum of two shifts over the four days.
Thank you so much for your interest in TKDF!